Customer Relationship Specialist and Administrative Assistant
Customer Relationship Specialist and Administrative Assistant / Receptionist / Front Desk Coordinator
Under direct and indirect supervision, the Customer Relationship Specialist/Receptionist/Front Desk Coordinator will answer inquiries and obtain information for general public, patients, visitors, and other interested parties, provide information to callers, and perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting 80%.
- Standing/walking 20%.
- Medical, office, and lab setting.
- Minimum moving requirements of 50 pounds in order to accept equipment deliveries, and pack and unpack office supplies.
- Frequent client and interoffice personnel interaction as this position meets and greets patients and is heavily dependent on excellent customer interaction.
- Hearing – Must be able to hear telephonic equipment and comfortably communicate with patients and others by telephone and in person.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer) as required for business software, and operating office machines.
- Exceptional hand dexterity and typing skills to work with standard software programs provided.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, provide information, take messages, and schedule appointments.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Memorize and use scripts effectively both over the phone and in person.
- File and maintain records.
- Collect, sort, distribute, and prepare mail, messages, and courier deliveries.
- Provide information about the practice, such as location of offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Transmit information or documents to patients, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
- Must maintain regular, consistent and punctual attendance in accordance with assigned schedule and time off policies.
- Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
- Must demonstrate active listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills by talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order to participate in continuing education or seminars.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
- Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards.
- Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working around blood and unpleasant smells.
- Must be detail oriented in order to prepare and process business correspondence.
- Must be flexible and understand that job duties may change from time to time and that this individual may be asked to assist in other areas of the office.
- Must demonstrate good reading comprehension by understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- High school diploma.
- Accurate typing at 40 words per minute.
- One Year minimum of medical office experience.
- Preferred two years of experience.
- Speaking, reading, and writing in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Legally working in the United States.
- Fast learner for new software, good computer skills.
- Be positive and energetic at work.
- Be able to handle high stress.
- Be able to perform multi-task.